About the logo
The Novum Insights logo icon is a 3-dimensional isometric 'N', representing modular blocks of data. Much like industry data itself, the blocks must be organised and structured correctly in order for the meaning to become clear.
Depending on the amount of space available, the icon can either be used by itself or alongside the full company name, as shown below.
Using the logo
For ease of use, the logo has been adapted to fit both vertical and horizontal spaces. Small or awkwardly-shaped spaces may require you to either resize the logo, use a different version, or simply use the icon by itself.
Never rearrange the logo manually or introduce multiple colours. Be aware of the exclusion zone around the logo, which is the minimum amount of empty space that should be left on each side. This space is roughly equal to the height of the “novum insights” text within the logo itself.
- Use either the vertical, horizontal, or icon-only style of logo
- Leave a reasonable amount of empty space around the logo
- Resize the logo properly and proportionally by holding down the Ctrl or Shift key
- Stick to the brand colours
- Rearrange the logo beyond the examples given below
- Introduce multiple colours into the logo
- Resize the logo without holding down the Ctrl or Shift key
- Crowd the logo out by putting other elements too close to it
Social media branding
Your social media branding should be consistent across all channels, helping your audience to discern authentic profiles from fake ones.
This involves making sure that the profile picture and banner image (where applicable) are standardised, that the name handles are similar (if not identical), and that your bio fields contain the same tagline.
- Use the blue icon as the profile picture
- Use a photo or patterned image for the banner
- Use high-resolution files for all social media images
- Keep the profile and banner images the same across all platforms
- Try to squeeze the full company name into a small profile picture space
- Use compressed, low-resolution files or screenshots of images
- Put text into the banner image, as it doesn’t scale across devices
- Use different profile or banner images across different channels
Colours should be used sparingly to highlight important information, such as data values in graphs. In order to preserve the emphasis effect, avoid using more than three different colours on a single page.
The Novum Insights brand font is Work Sans, which is used for both online and offline copy. It’s important to ensure that this font package is installed on all your devices, as you’ll need it to display documents and presentations correctly.
- Install the complete Work Sans font package on all your devices before starting any tasks
- Use 'Medium' for titles and 'Regular' for body copy
- Use 'Bold' for emphasis
- Use a font other than Work Sans, or a combination of Work Sans and other fonts
- Use font sizes within the body copy that are bigger than the title font
- Use the font in all capitals (exceptional circumstances apply)